Tuesday, December 16, 2008

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

I love cheesecake, last year I had an obsession with pumpkin chessecake and this year I wanted to try something new. For years I have loved the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake at Olive Garden and I finally got brave enough it try it. I couldn't find a single recipe that I liked so I combined the parts I did like from two:



White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

mail-1.jpeg

Crust:

20 Oreo Cookies

1/4 cup Butter, melted

Raspberry Sauce:

12 oz bag Frozen Raspberries

2 Tbsp Sugar

2 Tsp Corn Starch

1/2 C Water

Filling:

4 - 8oz Cream Cheese

1/2 C Sugar

4 Whole Large Eggs

2 Large Egg Yolks

1 Tsp Vanilla

2 Tbsp Flour

2 C White Chocolate Chips


Preheat the oven to 350.

Crust:

Crush the Oreo cookies and butter in a food processor. Press into the bottom of a 10" springform pan.

Sauce:

Bring the raspberries, water, sugar and corn starch to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Strain the sauce through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.

Filling:

Mix the cream cheese until light and fluffy, scraping the sides often. Add the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs one at a time mixing until well incorporated, scrape the sides of the bowl after each one. While the eggs are being mixed, melt the chocolate chips and set aside. Add the flour and vanilla. Add the chocolate to the batter and mix well.

Pour half of the filling into the springform pan. Drizzle 3 Tbsp of the raspberry sauce over the filling. Pour the remaining filling into the pan and drizzle with another 3 Tbsp of raspberry sauce. With a knife, swirl the batter to create a marble effect.

Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the filling is set. Cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours then remove from the pan. Serve with the remaining raspberry sauce.

6 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

Oooo...that looks soooo yummy. I can never get my homemade cheesecakes to turn out. Hmmm, I think that's a great neighbor gift. Or maybe organists should give each other Christmas gifts! LOL

bradhintze said...

Lol, okay! Yeah, it has taken several screwed up cheesecakes to get it right. The biggest problem I had was getting water into the crust from the water bath. Nothing more annoying than a soggy Oreo crust.

Mike Walker said...

wow; amazing.

Lyndee W. said...

Oh...my...gosh. This is divine! THANK YOU! You've made my week! I'll probably put on ten pounds from eating the entire thing!

April said...

Well Lyndee you won't be alone in the weight gain department. Brad keeps making these and then he leaves and goes to work while leaving the cheesecakes home with me and they scream at me from the fridge all day long! He really needs to stop or at least help me eat them a little more. Or maybe I should start giving them away, hmmm, there is an idea that I am sure no one would be opposed to!

Jill said...

Hey Brad. This year for Christmas my Mom gave us all a copy of the Hintze Family Cook Book. Looks like you are well on your way to making Volume 2! I didn't know you were a chef!

Also a funny thing happened... I went to a Hintze family reunion (a while ago) and my neighbor was there! My grandpa was the oldest of the 10 children and her Father in law was the youngest...your Grandpa is somewhere in between. Weird huh?