Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cranberry Salsa

Last night at our family Christmas party my cousin Julie made this amazing salsa. She shared the recipe with me and I made it this afternoon.


Cranberry Salsa

12oz bag fresh Cranberries3009728175_597c14b9fd.jpg

3/4 cup sugar

1 med Jalapeno

2tbsp Cilantro

1tsp Cumin

2 Green onions

8oz Cream Cheese


Blend all of the ingredients, except the cream cheese, in a food processor.

Pour the salsa over the cream cheese and serve with tortilla chips.


Tweaks: I noticed at the party it was a little difficult to scoop the cream cheese and salsa without breaking the tortilla chips, so I thought whipping the cream cheese first would help. I put the cream cheese and a little salsa (about 1tbsp) into the Kitchenaid and whipped it until it was creamy. This made it so much easier to eat.

Let me about any of your own tweaks.

-Brad

9 comments:

April said...

This salsa is soooo good! Brad even wanted to give some of it away, but I was selfish and wouldn't let him, sorry those of you who could have tried some but never knew it!

Alan said...

This looks really good. I emailed it to my wife, which I believe all I need to do in order to taste it soon.

Then again, maybe I should refrain from leaving this comment in case she decides not to make it out of spite?

bradhintze said...

Alan-Yeah, hopefully she doesn't read the comments.

Lydia said...

Oh man, I didn't get to try any at the party. I will have to make it now.

Natalie said...

i can't wait to try this! good idea to start a foodie blog :)

Cameron said...

Dude, sweet blog. And this salsa sounds awesome.

Thanks for sharing, April...

Jamie said...

Hey cool blog!! Now If I can just get my husband to make these things!

Natalie said...

made it today & i'm in love!!

My Life as a Dog said...

So I just found your blog. I love this Cranberry Salsa. I'm not the foodie that you are but I put it on my blog too. http://doggie.borups.org/2008/12/cranberry-salsa.html