Monday, January 12, 2009

The best pork roast ever!

Picture 20.png

This is absolutely the best way to cook a pork roast. I don't remember where I found the recipe, but my family instantly fell in love with it. The vinegar sounds a little odd, but it makes the roast so tender and really adds an amazing flavor.


The best pork roast ever


4lb Pork Roast

2 cloves Garlic, minced

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1/2 tsp Thyme

4 Bay leaves

1/2 - 1 C White Vinegar


Put the roast in a pan with a lid. Poke several holes in the roast with a fork. Spread the garlic over the roast, poke some if it into the holes. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and thyme on top. Slowly pour the vinegar over the roast. You want enough vinegar to come up 1-2 inches on the roast. Put the bay leaves in the vinegar. Roast at 325 for about 30 minutes per pound.



4 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

This sounds delish! At New Year's I didn't realize you left the cheesecake behind {I thought you took it home}...guess who ate the rest? Trent! That jerk! LOL! I had to wrestly him for the last 5 bites...just kidding {I got the bites...but didn't wrestle...that might be a bit wierd}.

Laef said...

Brad, I just love the recipes you put on here. Makes my mouth water with each one. Keep it up.

Heather Walker said...

Hey, you should post the recipe for those AMAZING cinnamon rolls!:)

Mike Walker said...

Agreed. Nothing for months...